Thousands of California residents may receive substantial cash settlements from companies but, sadly, most of them are simply unaware of their rights.
California Residents May Receive Up To $1,500 per Unsolicited Robocall And Up To $5,000 per Call Recorded Without Proper Disclosure.
This is how it works:
- Have you received any unsolicited robocalls? The TCPA provides up to $1,500 in statutory damages for each automated call, pre-recorded message or text message sent to consumers from an Automatic Telephone Dialing System (an “ATDS”) and/or prerecorded voice system in violation of the statute. Take a screenshot and contact us to see if you may be entitled to receive compensation.
- Have you spoken (over the phone) to any business that you believe recorded the call? The California Penal Code mandates that when a call is placed to consumers, at the inception of the call, the consumer must be advised that the call is being recorded. If any company has called you and failed to disclose at all that the call is being recorded or failed to give you such disclosure at the very beginning of the conversation, you may be entitled to $5,000 per call in damages for the invasion of your privacy.
Quick version: If you received robocalls or phone calls from any company, that you believe has recorded it without a proper disclosure, you may be entitled to receive cash compensation.Applying for a claim evaluation is quick, free and 100% confidential.
Some of the companies that may be recording their calls with consumers without proper disclosure are:
- GoDaddy and other hosting companies;
- Amazon business support;
- Banks and lending institutions;
- Debt collection companies;
- Background check companies.
How to get compensation for robocalls:
When you receive robocalls take these 5 steps:
- Listen to a pre-recorded message and try to identify what company is responsible for the call. We only can go after real identifiable companies.
- Take a screenshot of your cell phone that shows when you received the call and from what number.
- Try looking up the caller. Sometimes you may be able to find some additional information online. Again we only can go after real companies.
- Save your notes and the screenshot.
- Contact us for a 100% claim evaluation
Some People Are Worried That Having an Attorney Represent Them Will Require Out-Of-Pocket Expenses.
Sadly, some consumers will not take this opportunity because they are concerned about incurring out-of-pocket expenses when they apply for a consultation. This is not only wrong, but it’s in fact, quite the opposite!
Applying for a claim evaluation free, confidential, and there is absolutely no cost.